I’m back, with a big beaming smile on my face! Our house move went really well and we just love our new home, it’s as if we’ve been here for years already. That exciting moment of putting the key into the lock and stepping through the door of our new home for the first time will stay with me for a long time, our new house feels like home. A concern I believe most people have when moving house is fearing the new home in question doesn’t live up to expectations, the legal procedure of buying a house always seems to take such a long time (well it does for us) and this just adds fuel to the fire of an already stressful situation. But we needn’t have worried, our new home is everything we hoped it would be.
As you can probably tell I’m very happy with our new home. The garden is beautiful too, even though it’s cold and miserable outside I’ve been pottering around and exploring as much as I can. I think I know where I want the new veg patch to eventually be, a little more time would be wise to get a real sense of how much sun / shade the area receives. While exploring I found a disused compost bin tucked away, long forgotten at the bottom of the garden. This has now been put to good use, filling up nicely with chicken manure and our kitchen waste. Adding the magic ingredients to start the process of making compost always makes me smile, it’s such an easy and satisfying task to perform. Another reason to be cheerful is discovering my blog has been nominated for a couple of awards, thanks to Lucy over at The Smallest Smallholding.
I need to play along with the following rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Ok, 7 things you may not know about little old me……
1. I’m fascinated with anything to do with the paranormal and I admit to watching all the TV programmes!
2. I design and handcraft jewellery using various media, such as beads, mixed metals and fabrics. If this interests you, drop by my jewellery blog http://karenjanejewellery.wordpress.com and leave me a comment!
3. I started growing my own vegetables in 2007, using containers. I grew the best carrots ever that way. Little did I know how hooked I’d become, eventually growing a wide variety of crops in a large plot, taking on a full allotment plot some years later.
4. I can’t bake to save my life, although I’m trying really hard to improve by practising as much as possible. Whatever I make is more or less edible, I haven’t poisoned anyone yet so that’s something I suppose.
5. I kill houseplants. Not on purpose I might add it’s just that I’m useless at remembering to water them. Even when I do remember they just don’t seem to like me very much, eventually curling up and dying anyway. Give me a veg garden to look after any day!
6. I absolutely love Harry Potter films, I could sit and watch them back to back all day.
7. I’ve suffered with a sleep disorder called Sleep Paralysis on and off since my teens.
Here are my 10 blog nominees:
4. Chilli Ninja
10. Flighty’s Plot
Thank you so much for all the well wishes left on my previous post, I really appreciate each and every comment.